I was featured as a guest blogger on DatingAdvice.com to offer up some Dating Tips from Stonehill’s Bag of Tricks. Check out the post (and Like it ☺) here: http://tinyurl.com/lrhml39
It was a pleasure working with the http://www.datingadvice.com/ team and I look forward to future collaborations.
Here’s the full post…
5 Things Every Single Person Should Have in their Fridge
Face it. Nothing says more about who we are than what we eat and what we drink. It provides the ultimate insight into our health, appearance, income, lifestyle, even the kind of romantic partner we’ll be.
That’s how I’d come to realize that checking my date’s fridge was the perfect preview to what lay ahead. Like the preview of a movie, you don’t get the full picture, but you get a damn good idea if you have a romantic comedy or a scary tragedy on your hands.
Trust me, I know. I’ve stuck my nose in a lot of cold places. Now, we have 2 basic goals when it comes to dating: Sex and Marriage. (For most of us, the former before the latter)
On the road to Pleasure Town, the first stop is usually your bedroom. Whether it’s date 1, 4 or 10, at some point, your date will end up back at your place. (If it took til date 10, we need to talk)
It’s where the magic happens. Getting your date back there should be 90% of the work. At that point, they’re interested. At that point, as long as you play your cards right, they should be a lay up.
Now, the feeling your date gets during that first visit will dictate a lot about where things go from there and whether by the end of the night, your date’s ready to bang or ready to bolt.
So be a good host, pave the way for some quality time together and make them feel at home. (Cause when we’re home, there’s one thing we all do: take our clothes off ☺)
Here are 5 products you should have in your fridge to help make that happen….
1. Wine. There’s a reason this shit’s worked for three thousand years. Nothing’s better at loosening you guys up and getting the banter bus rolling than a glass of happy juice.
Extra credit: Champers. It’s the perfect excuse for an impromptu celebration. Even if it’s to toast your first date, first kiss or the first time you saw each other naked.
2. An Hors d’oeuvre. Always have a snack on hand, and one that won’t spoil easily, such as hummus or Edamame. Dating is like the Boy Scouts: always be prepared.
Extra credit: If you can pair the snack with the wine you have, such has a cheese or a prosciutto, even better. A good virgin olive oil is also killer: makes bread gourmet and you classy.
3. Bottled Water. Even if you’re in NY, where tap water is better than bottled, it puts your date at ease knowing they’re drinking a quality glass of H2O. (And a date at ease is one ready to please ;)
Extra credit: Ice in the freezer, for the water or to show off your bartending skills.
4. Munchies in the freezer. Whether it’s a chicken quesadilla, white castle burgers or a tray of lasagna, be ready to feed them if it’s too late for delivery. It’s one more reason for them to stay over.
Extra credit: a dozen eggs to make breakfast in the morning.
5. Dessert. It doesn’t have to be fancy, and should never be perishable. These recommendations shouldn’t have to be restocked on a regular basis if you’re going through a dry spell. Just something fun to share. Like a pint of Häagen-Dazs, or a bar of chocolate. (Which some say is an aphrodisiac…Sha-wing!)
As we’ve all experienced, having a fun a night out with a date is great. But when you guys can have just as much fun chilling at home, that’s a keeper. You don’t need all the cool toys. Just the above 5 to make your pad as comfy, fun and inviting as possible.